Process and Procedure for Grieviance and Redress Mechanism
ONDO STATE GOVERNMENT
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, INDUSTRY AND COOPERATIVE SERVICES
APPLICATION, PROCESS AND PROCEDURE FOR GRIEVANCES AND COMPLAINT REPORTING FOR TRADERS
The Grievance Redress Mechanism of Ondo State Ministry of Commerce Industry and Cooperative Services is not backed-up by Law nor by Executive Order. It is the absolute prerogative of the Honourable Commissioner to set the process and procedure for grievance redress as part of his responsibility as a Commissioner.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry is the Chairman of the Grievances and Redress Committee. The Honorable Commissioner quarterly or periodically report to the State Executive Council the grievances resolved and the actions taken.
PROCESS AND PROCEDURE FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION IN ONDO STATE.
- The complainant is to fill online or the hard copy form download or print the complaint form here and return same within 48hrs to the headquarter or area offices see the list of the Area offices here
- The relevant area officers in-charge of grievance redress will forward the complaint form to the Headquarter within 24hrs of receipt of the forms.
- The Management team of the Ministry of Commerce Industry and Cooperative Services will collate and meet to evaluate the complaints within 24hrs of receipt of the complaints.
- The parties involved will be invited by the Ministry for resolution of the dispute within 24hrs.
- The outcome of the resolution will be communicated to the complainant via SMS, e-mail, letters or direct call within 48hrs.
- In all the process and resolution of dispute shall be completed within 7 days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
TYPE OF GRIEVANCES
The Ministry intervene in trade related grievance between trade groups, trade associations and traders. The type of grievances been handled by the Ministry are as follows:
- Power tussle between members of trade association, group or traders.
- Collection of illegal fees.
- Disruption of trade activities
RELEVANT MDAs AND STAKEHOLDERS TO INTERACT WITH
(i). Ondo State Ministry of Justice, 2nd floor, Ministry of Finance Building, State Secretariat Complex Alagbaka, Akure Ondo State
(ii). Ondo State Internal Revenue Service (ODIRS), Ondo State Revenue House, Igbatoro Road, Alagbaka Akure, Ondo State
(iii). Ondo State Ministry of Agriculture, ADP building, State Secretariat Complex, Alagbaka Akure, Ondo State
(iv). Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC), along government house road, beside National Industrial Court, Alagbaka Akure.
(v). Ondo State Security Agency (Amotekun Corps), quarter 20, government quarters, Alagbaka Akure Ondo State.
GRIEVANCE RESOLVED SO FAR
The Ministry has resolved some grievances and complaints. See the evidence of the grievance resolved here
CONTACT PERSON AND HOTLINE
Contact name – Mr. Oriade Emmanuel
Hotline for calls/SMS/WhatSapp – 08106314535
Please note that settlement of grievances is at no cost whatsoever to the complainant.
For more information, enquiry, or complaints please contact Ondo State Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Cooperatives Services, 3rd floor, Ministry of Finance building, State Secretariat, Alagbaka, Akure between 8:00 am to 4:00pm (Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays) or call 08106314535 – Mr. Oriade Emmanuel